Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guide to modifying .308 Gen3 P-Mags to work in DPMS G2

MickB

On 9/5/2014 at 6:51 PM, MickB said:

In order to accomplish this, material needs to be removed from the follower directly under the right feed lip.

Step 1: First, mark the follower while still inside the mag.

Step 2: position follower in your bench vise and use a dremel tool with grinding wheel to remove the material.

Step 3: remove the flashing and test bolt catch engagement.

As you can see, you don't need to remove much material.

Mick

I know this thread is old, and I'm new... but: 1) I wanted to say thanks! 2) it's the first Google hit. 3) Before I just bought my DPMS GII Recon LR, I read this post. I used to have the BRO14, but sold it...way too heavy. This DPMS is the exact opposite. It's a fairly correct fit of the M4s I used in Iraq and Afghanistan (if I leave off all the M4 hardware), but with the knockdown of .308/7.62x51 NATO. Before even picking up the rifle, I had already modified my PMags as shown without any issues and glad I did. Thanks.

(I would have gone the steelies, but Colorado has a mag-cap of 15...and I have 6x 20 and 25round PMags from my BRO14 - yes, I'm legal - and I didn't want to lose the capacity. Also have my X-25 Skeletonized 50rd drum B)). I did shoot a S&W MP10 with the mods, no issues, so it's not a limiting mod.