Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idea? Open glock c more mount.

Open1215

Ok sooooo I've been drooling over a cheeley set back 90 degree c more mount.... My idea was get a sjc frame weight and drill n tap. Wam bam problem solved? I think??? Has anyone tried or heard of or seen anything close to this? Good idea bad idea?

Going on a glock 22 in 9mm. Thinking with this set up I could use whatever 1911 mounts are all over the market.

Any advice b4 dropping the $ to do this would be awesome.

i have ordered from him once and he was very nice to me and had quick shipping. im sure if i sent him an e mail describing my thoughts perhaps he could get me in the right direction. Perhaps even just mail him a mount n see what he thinks as far as mounting it. I did see his 90 mount prototype but idk when it will hit the market. I also looked into a 1913 rail extension for an ar that may be drilled and tapped I just like the idea of a bit of extra weight.

Edited by Open1215

Hmm valid point. I'm sure if the weight wasn't secured in some way it could come undone. I'll look on bb site again. I saw on Facebook he had a prototype together. Idk. Sounds odd but I'm sure I'll figure some way of getting it to work. I know the thumb rest mount attaches in a similar way so there's enough metal it drill n tap. I'll keep everyone posted on any progress. I just think it would be nice to have access to the countless 1911mounts available.

Just checked BB enterprise. The mount they have is the sjc 90 mount. I like how it looks but I don't really want to drill my frame? Who knows. I was just wondering why not drill n tap a glock frame then it hit me... Drill a 1913 mount and then ur set. That or try to do something with a time-sert or helicoil on the frame. File away the excess as well as an area to access the slide take down lever?