Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stocking and organizing first gun locker

Highwayman

Being on a tight budget and moving between rented places, I'm ordering a basic Stack-on 8 gun cabinet that I can bolt to walls and disguise as an electrical cabinet using some strategically placed decals. However, I'm a tad OCD and looking to take the utmost advantage of this purchase and use every cubic inch I can while making everything easy to access. Even while only having a modest battery of guns, I hope to store all related accessories and other valuables as well. I've heard that the door-mounted organizer Stack-on sells isn't worth it or doesn't even fit the smaller models. I want this thing tricked out more than my grandmother's pantry, but on a bare common sense budget.

I need to store the following items at all times.
-AR 15 with iron sights.
-Ruger 10/22 with iron sights.
-Ten loaded AR magazines.
-Several hundred rounds of pistol ammunition.
-Handful of custom knives.
-.22 conversion slide for Glock
-5 loaded Glock magazines.

Possible items I'd like to fit:
-Documents
-A MOLLE vest some friends gave me, feel too much like a poser having it in my closet.
-Cleaning supplies.

Check out the mini stacking cubes Walmart has with the back to school stuff and use them on one side as shelves and the rifles on the other. That said I really wouldn't waste the money on the cabinet unless your goal is to keep kids out. Regardless of stickers any thief is gonna know exactly what it is and your not gonna see an electrical box like that of that size in an apt set off the wall. That could be opened in under 30 seconds with a large screwdriver and probably under 10 with a pry bar and once seen is gonna be the first thing they go for and then has all the valuables right there together.