Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 vs IMR PB

3djedi

According to my burn rate chart N320 is #19 and hodgdon PB is #18. Everybody seems to rave about N320 so wouldn't PB be a good alternative to N320?

N320 is just a myth around my area....... PB is readily available. I tried to do a search on PB but really didn't find much about it.

Edited by 3djedi

I don't use N320 so I can't say how the two compare, but PB is a good general purpose powder that is useable in a lot of pistol cartridges. Burns a little dirty, but it behaves well and is accurate.

Be aware that it is being discontinued this year along with SR4756 and SR7625. Not a reason you shouldn't use it, but it won't be available next year.

I thought about giving PB a try too but I read somewhere that it doesn't meter well in the powder measure that I use. With the powder situation like it is, we can't be too picky though.

PB is a pretty fine ball powder that meters like water in my Lee Pro auto disk, I cant imagine having metering problems unless it is leaking because of the small size. For me it meters as accurately as any powder I have ever used and does not leak unlike titegroup, that meters great but leaks a bit.

As far as loading it, it works great for me in light to medium target loads. Very soft and accurate. I like it in 9mm and .45.