Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap load 2?

Spiff2022

Great job! I'm curious about retention when at a full sprint under the clock however.

I saw a guy running some homemade caddies at one of our all shotgun matches a while back (they looked really good) but the following match he had bought some real caddies. I'm not trying to be a downer, in fact I love the DIY spirit and such. I just don't know that saving a few bucks on certain things is worth it in the long run. I hear guy complain about gear cost all the time, but at least in my experience that has been a drop in the bucket compared to ammo, gas, hotels, and everything else. Even if I only go to local matches, I still spend a lot on everything else. The 4ish hundred dollars I've spent on caddies over the years is nothing comparatively. And then there is the confidence that I'm not going to yard sale everything the moment I burst from the start box. That being said, I love the DIY thing when starting off in 3 gun. I remember my first match, I showed up with my tactical timmy 14.5" AR, mossberg 590A1, and sig 226, pulling shells from my pockets... but I had a blast and knew I was hooked...

I'd love to hear a after action report!

Great job! I'm curious about retention when at a full sprint under the clock however.

I saw a guy running some homemade caddies at one of our all shotgun matches a while back (they looked really good) but the following match he had bought some real caddies. I'm not trying to be a downer, in fact I love the DIY spirit and such. I just don't know that saving a few bucks on certain things is worth it in the long run. I hear guy complain about gear cost all the time, but at least in my experience that has been a drop in the bucket compared to ammo, gas, hotels, and everything else. Even if I only go to local matches, I still spend a lot on everything else. The 4ish hundred dollars I've spent on caddies over the years is nothing comparatively. And then there is the confidence that I'm not going to yard sale everything the moment I burst from the start box. That being said, I love the DIY thing when starting off in 3 gun. I remember my first match, I showed up with my tactical timmy 14.5" AR, mossberg 590A1, and sig 226, pulling shells from my pockets... but I had a blast and knew I was hooked...

I'd love to hear a after action report!

Your wish is my command brother! Shot a match with them today. They worked really well. I need to epoxy everything in place now and add something to stiffen the frame, but they did fine. I, on the other hand, need to learn how to slide the two shells in the gun correctly...

I thought I was going to get joked by all the guys with the high speed gear, but everybody thought they were prety cool. Even the sponsored guys who get all their stuff free.

In any event, cheap + fun= happy bullet farmer!