Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volquartsen VC target frame wont seat mags!

ksf141

Hey guys, I recently got a new VQ VC target frame that comes complete with VQ's internal parts. My first trouble was its awful fitment with both a factory 5" bull barrel and a PAC lite upper. Finally got the lugs to fit and the upper fits now but extremely tight

Now I just bought some brand new majestic arms mags so I could shoot it and it will not even come close to seating the mags?

Anyone have any advice or smiikar experience with one of these.? So far very unimpressed....

The vc frame is designed for mkIII mags but the majestic arms mags are for both mkII And mkIII. Is there a secret I don't know like you can only use factory ruger mkiii mags and not majestic arms.? Thanks for any help.

Insure you have the right mags. i.e. regular or 22/45 version. Then see if your buddies factory mags fit it.

If you have the right mags, then I would check for any burrs and identify the binding point in the mag well, and stone/ sand/ file carfully as needed. The tight fit on the barrel is a good thing, but I would call VQ about the mag not fitting.

-Chuck

I'm going to snap some pics tonight. I just got a factory ruger mkiii mag delivered so I'm going to try it and see if it's and issue specific to the majestic arms mags or if it's related to the frame. The majestic arms are made for mkiii pistols so I'm not sure why it would matter but I want to try a factory ruger mag in the process of elimination.

I've also seen guys at rimfire steel shoots using the majestic mags in the volquartsen frame. Maybe they had to do some modifying or maybe my frame does have some issues. Stay tuned.