Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

chili con carne

Peter K

Hot setup for real good and pretty fast chili we have been doing lately is starting with Juanita's brand canned Chili Colorado (available at Safeway).

Add a Huuuge amount of ground chile powder (we use at least two types for overall taste reasons) and simmer for 1-2 hours. Serve with buttered tortilla's and it's pretty darned good for a canned chili ;)

But please: No rattlesnakes as an ingredient because we don´t have rattlesnakes here in germany ;-)

Man, that's a tough one! Sometimes, when I find myself alone near the campfire and hear the lone coyote's mournful howl, I revisit this most haunting of culinary questions....ever since that fateful day in April 2002.....and I still don't know the answer. Can one truly make a proper Wyoming style chili with out a rattler?

One could be bold..... and use chicken....people say it tastes alot like rattler. HMMM....but then again turning chicken might offend the spirits......

Tell you what, I'll have a smoke and think on it for six more years or so, but I'll get back to you.

Sorry........... you should probably go ahead and microwave a frozen burrito or something.