Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No more Criterion 308 AR barrels?

michael1778

Fulton Armory carries and has them on stock last I looked.

I saw that, but the inventory at FA has been going down and down. With Criterion not having any of those 308 products on their new web site makes me think they got out of that market, at least for now.

I may have to get the barrel I was considering now and have it incorporated into a rifle early next year. I really don't have the cash now to do a full 308 rifle. I was planning on waiting until later on all of it.

Edited by michael1778

One of the guys I shoot smallbore with during the winter had quite the wait, several months, for a Criterion for his f-class gun. Kreiger(criterion) is a pretty small company. I would call them. They are definitely worth the wait if you do have to wait.

One of the guys I shoot smallbore with during the winter had quite the wait, several months, for a Criterion for his f-class gun. Kreiger(criterion) is a pretty small company. I would call them. They are definitely worth the wait if you do have to wait.

I will be calling them Monday, definitely.

Waiting is fine. Not getting a 308 AR barrel from them because they have exited that market permanently is a whole different issue.

I'm hoping this is some work-in-progress problem with their new company web pages (http://www.criterionbarrels.com/products), but it feels different than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Criterion replied to my email. Their representative explained that they are still making those styles of barrel (308 AR for DPMS pattern rifles) and they are exclusively offered through Fulton Armory. That is why they don't have them on their Criterion web pages. They still make them, he said. It is simply a matter of their exclusive distribution agreement.