Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m&p .40 for USPSA Limited

3djedi

I have a Blade Tech DOH holster pretty popular in the game. Check out Apex for triggers. I went with the Comp AEK and aluminum trigger, and RAM. I plan on using Taran mag ext. Probably 10-8 rear sight, unk magwell. Perfect gun for the Limited Game, not a lot of shooters out there that can outperform this setup.

It will absolutely work. I've been doing it for a while. I went with the Pro for a longer sight radius. Apex has great stuff, but a smith that knows what he is doing can do better on the trigger travel and weight. Factory rear sight is fine until you decide you want a narrower notch. Then go to Dawson rear and matching front. The adjustable rear sights are all too tall and require front blades that look silly. The Taran basepads are awesome (I'm using them on my 9mm), but the Taylor Freelance in brass adds some "good" weight. Also the SSS magwell in brass is a nice bit of additional weight for mitigating major recoil. Add a full length guide rod in tungsten or stainless and a 13-15 lb recoil spring and you will be good to go.

Edited by wgj3

Thanks! I've been debating on getting an sti edge or going with the M&P pro. I think I can do it a lot cheaper with the pro but that edge certainly looks nice! PLus there is a lot of aftermarket support for the M&P at reasonable prices. Haven't really checked about STI stuff.

I think with the pro I would start out with a apex fss kit, magwell, and basepads. What will the tungsten (or stainless) guide rod do for the gun? Never switched out from stock before.....

Un-capture the spring and add a little stationary weight out front. The slide is pretty heavy and frame fairly light. Non-reciprocating/stationary mass helps with recoil mitigation. The heavy tungsten guiderod puts some extra mass out front to help with muzzle flip, etc.

Seemed like a decent deal. I think I paid $550+tax on my mp9 fs at a LGS. I bought the new 5" pro off gunbroker.

Now for the upgrade fun! Should I get the apex competition kit or the apex fss?

Do what you want but having a smith do the job will yield a better trigger pull. Currently have them doing a job for me but with the addition of the AEK trigger. It takes the flex of the hinged plastic oem part out the equation.