Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Rules Refresher Workshop

Vince Pinto

Hi folks,

Those of you attending the IPSC Level IV AustralAsian Handgun Championships in Bali, Indonesia in November/December are invited to attend the free Rules Refresher Workshop I will be conducting at the official match hotel.

A copy of the invitation, with all relevant information, can be downloaded here (95Kb PDF).

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Just as a follow up, although only 10 people responded about the workshop, about 40 people (from Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Australia, Germany, South Africa, Netherlands, Philippines, USA etc.) showed up, and it turned out to be an excellent discussion and exchange of ideas.

In fact, a couple of rule oversights were brought to my attention, and the most prominent was Rule 10.5.9 which doesn't provide an exemption for guys in Production Division who must manually decock a gun such as the CZ75. This will be fixed ASAP.

The other thing is that I asked our Indonesian friends to give me a small room supplied with coffee and tea for the workshop, but they refused, and they insisted on providing a free three course lunch for everybody! I thought the Filipinos were excellent hosts, but the Indonesians are unbeatable.

..., but they refused, and they insisted on providing a free three course lunch for everybody!

Such hard work keeping our rules relevant and up-to-date! :P

As long as this has a positive effect on the next rules (Jan 2006???) I hope you all enjoyed it! :P

..., but they refused, and they insisted on providing a free three course lunch for everybody!

Such hard work keeping our rules relevant and up-to-date! :P

As long as this has a positive effect on the next rules (Jan 2006???) I hope you all enjoyed it! :P

I can only add that Vince had requested an air conditioned room which turned out to be the beach side restaurant.

I'm not going to mention the bikini clad lovelies that kept walking past (any more than you will catch me mentioning free beer).

I will echo Vince's comments that the Indonesian hospitality was first class and I for one certainly want to go back some time in the future.

I'm not going to mention the bikini clad lovelies that kept walking past .....

Don't tell anybody, but they were arranged by me. Whenever I was cornered with a tough rules question, I'd signal the girls, and they'd strut their stuff to distract the guys grilling us.

BWA-HA-HA!