Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you had to buy a video camera today

atomicbrh

On a $300 budget to the door off of amazon or any other site what digital camcorder would you buy considering the following factors? Will be used on a tripod on the range to video shooters in full length from feet to head for both precision rifle and handgun. It is easier to train if you can go back and review what you look like and what you are doing. Most of the time the camera will be set up viewing the shooter in profile, 90 degrees to the path of the bullet. A screen that rotates so that the shooter can see if he is in the field of view correctly when each family member may be training alone. A couple of hours of memory, easy to transfer data to laptop or desktop for archiving in some form without taking up a lot of hard drive space, and a couple of hours of battery time since there will be no AC close. Will be used under varying light conditions both indoors and outdoors. Shooter will of course move laterally so autofocus should work quickly. It might be hand held at times but would never be used as a head cam. Refurbished or used would be okay. I know this is asking for a lot for this budget but want the best compromise for the purpose. I do not want to spend more than this because of the rough range conditions where it will be used. I have been doing my research but there are just too many choices out there. Thanks, Bobby H.