Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need help with deciding what to do with sx3

basing110

I just got a sx3 and will be picking it up in a few days.planning on doing a extended bolt handle, opening up the loading port and welding up the carrier and trimming down the handgaurd. Possibly chamfering the chamber where the round loads to prevent any plastic being dinged/shaved depending if i run into that problem or not.think it will? It has a 28" barrel right now but i am debating on running a nordic extension you think a plus 6 or a plus 7?

Edited by basing110

I went with Briley for all my parts/work. Added their longest tube to hold 10/11+1, their bolt handle, had them cut the barrel to 24" and thread for their thin walls, and install their oversize bolt release. They also "neatly" opened the loading port. And Jeff at Crums did my lifter. Its turned out pretty dang well.

Edited by wgj3

Wgj3 you have any pictures of your setup? I haven't found any good pictures of sx2/3 that have been modified in a 3 gun type setup... except for 00 bullits... and are ported chokes any good or is it better to port the barrel? I'm just using this gun in friendly competitions with friends doing stages so I'm not concerned with it being setup for open.

• 1 month later...

Will take some pics this evening.

As far as porting goes, ported choke tubes are designed to grab/slow the wad for better shot patterns. Barrel ports along either side of the rib near the muzzle end of the barrel have some effect on decreasing muzzle rise, but nothing crazy huge.