Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4

Bunchies95

The first couple of stages are painful to watch. I had multiple light strike due to a cold gun. I wasn't prepared for cold weather and didn't know how the gun would act. Talked with Springer Precision and they gave me some tips to fix it in the future.

Even with the gun issues, I still had a good finish (14 overall, 4th B). The gun issues got into my head a bit, but once I realized I was out of the running for high B, I settled down and shot like I normally do. This put me in top 10 and quite a few top 5 in stage placement. Then I looked at the scores Sunday morning and realized I still had a chance. Started trying again, tanked a stage. Then got back to shooting again. I need to work on a better mental program, as I shot like I know I can shoot on half the stages, but just not consistent enough. It was strange to look at the stage placements and see as the day wore on, I got better and better. Maybe I need to spend time in the morning dryfiring at the hotel, as the few draws and trigger presses I do at the safe table don't seem to be enough.

Some of the things I noticed:

• Way too many make up shots. Need a slightly better sight picture.
  • Need to be more aggressive when opening doors or non shooting movement in general
  • I was creeping on the speed shoot.
  • Shot calling needs to be more refined. I could see the gross errors and make them up but cannot tell the difference between an A hit and a close C. This bit me on hard cover targets as 6/7 Mikes were on hardcover targets where the hits were less than 1" from scoring zone.
  • I need to get lower while shooting. I am standing too upright
  • Some of my make up shots were on the wrong target. I knew i had a bad shot somewhere, but not exactly sure what target.