Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load advice for AET/infinity AET only

fastarget

Went out today to chrono some loads but it was only 42 degrees(how much difference is that making vs 72 degrees with my powders, I assume not much).

Still my typically minor loads in STI and Kart barreled guns ran 135-137 PF, in the AET are running 124 this morning.

The major loads chrono consitently 170 with but with the AET 167-168. All loads use Zero bullets, minor is with Clays, major with 320, 1.180.

I can start to increase powder, but is this the solution or a disadvantage? will they require 0.5gr more? really? This will feel hotter I assume for the same results?

What are you using specifically in these barrels? Do they like certain bullets better than others?

Went out today to chrono some loads but it was only 42 degrees(how much difference is that making vs 72 degrees with my powders, I assume not much).

Still my typically minor loads in STI and Kart barreled guns ran 135-137 PF, in the AET are running 124 this morning.

The major loads chrono consitently 170 with but with the AET 167-168. All loads use Zero bullets, minor is with Clays, major with 320, 1.180.

I can start to increase powder, but is this the solution or a disadvantage? will they require 0.5gr more? really? This will feel hotter I assume for the same results?

What are you using specifically in these barrels? Do they like certain bullets better than others?

I shoot mostly Bayou Bullets 180 grainers in my Clark barreled STI. These bullets are consistently 50-70 fps slower through my friends Infinity barrel than they are through my pistol with the same powder charge (3.8gr HP38).

He upped the powder charge for his loads, and it shoots great. It does feel slightly hotter than my loads, but only if you shoot the two back to back.

I have read that, but have not noticed it much since I have not shot more than 20-30 plated rounds through it. The xtreme bullets we used for a minor load did well however, one inch at 10 yds. Did not notice any tumbling. I do know the xtreme brand has thicker plating than Berrys.

Plated may act differently at major PF. Not sure.

Edited by fastarget