Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P16-40 sights

67ls7vert

I have both a Prx1640CB and I PRX1445CB both labels on the plastic boxes say Made In Canada is this good or bad?

The say Coyoto Brown/Stainless. They have night sights But I would like to use them in USPSA limited division, what needs to be done?

Are they anygood? What sight cut do they use so I can order fiber from sight and possibly adjustable rear sights?

Should I sell them and buy something else?

Thanks

For all the help

Chris

I shoot a P-16 Limited gun in the limited division. Mags are hard to come by and if the gun needs a couple hundred in upgrades and more mags I would thing you would be better off selling the two Paras and adding a little to it to get a S_I gun. Buy the stock gun out of the gate build mags and proficiency and when you are ready to trade up it will still be worth most of your investment.

As far as I can tell the Canadian made guns are fairly consistent in good quality. Para seemed to go through a hard time in reference to quality and consistency when they first move to the US and seem to be coming out of it now.

If you are new to the sport/addiction. Then get several matches under your belt before doing anything.

Good luck in your decision. Let us know what you decide to do.

Yes, I'm pretty new but I do have experience but I still suck!!. I'm having alot of fun. The problem is I have several glocks and it's creating a problem with my natural point of aim. 17 verses 19 degree grips. i thought I should put the glock away and use the para or buy an S_I for limited. I'm having fun with the open guns.

Chris