Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Patrol 1.2-4 and SPR reticle

lablover

Seems the reticle is geared towards nato ss109 ammo. 62 gr at 2800 fps. To use this spr reticle like it's intended, i'm curious what would be the best way to load or factory ammo for 3 gun? I'd like to load the sierra 69 hpbt with H335 at around 2800 fps. Will this let me use the drop hash marks the same as intended with the ss109 ammo?

I just want to be able to use the reticle for hold over etc with the hash marks.

Any advice would be great

Seems the reticle is geared towards nato ss109 ammo. 62 gr at 2800 fps. To use this spr reticle like it's intended, i'm curious what would be the best way to load or factory ammo for 3 gun? I'd like to load the sierra 69 hpbt with H335 at around 2800 fps. Will this let me use the drop hash marks the same as intended with the ss109 ammo?

I just want to be able to use the reticle for hold over etc with the hash marks.

What distances are we talking? Inside of 300?

What distances are we talking? Inside of 300?

Most would be inside 300 but the real use of the reticle would be outside the 300 range. Or at least thats what I'm getting by reading the leupold info.

BTW Grouse, where do you shoot. I'm SE Mich as well and just sent app in to BWSA

Edited by lablover

I had the mark 4 SPR and I got different turrets to match my loads.

I shoot when and where I can. Not a member of any clubs though. Nothing too close. Caro has been doing two gun (no shotgun) and that's a good group.

Edited by grouse