Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40 Pro Failure to Feed

Parks

Hello All,

First post in this Forum. Lots of great information in here.

I have a new M&P 40 Pro that is having failure to feed issues.

Round is getting stuck on the feed ramp. Not a mag problem - happens with several.

It is worse with lighter loads which I can understand with everything being tight and stiff recoil spring in a new pistol.

But, I have seen a couple posts in here for the same issue where it was suggested that shorter COL may be the issue.

What COL are people using for the M&P 40 Pro. I have been using 1.125 (getting 1.122 to 1.128 variance).

Should I push it out to 1.135 or even a little longer 1.140?

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thats too short. I have found that I have to load to at least 1.135 to get reliable feeding. You still might have a few catch on you though. I have currently pushed them out to 1.140 and have had good luck.

I have read that some people load up to 1.160 but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to play around with the longer oals in the next week or so.

Edited by Babaganoosh

I run my Pro 40 at 1.155 OAL. Works great for me. I used to run them at 1.17 OAL with Precision molys. That worked fine until I had shot a lot of rounds and then it would start catching on the feed ramp. Dropped it to 1.155 and no problems since, just have to keep the feed ramp clean or that moly can build up.