Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 witness custom or 1991 custom

Mikethor

I'm looking at either a 1911 witness custom or even the 1991 custom to use for ipsc single stack classic. Anybody have much experience with these, how well do they run, accuracy and what are the triggers like ?

I currently shoot a sig tacops however it is not legal for single stack classic because of the rail on it, I do not really want to it milled off. It has had a lot of work done on it and is very accurate.

Thanks

I'm looking at either a 1911 witness custom or even the 1991 custom to use for ipsc single stack classic. Anybody have much experience with these, how well do they run, accuracy and what are the triggers like ?

I currently shoot a sig tacops however it is not legal for single stack classic because of the rail on it, I do not really want to it milled off. It has had a lot of work done on it and is very accurate.

Thanks

Hi Mike

I have been using the Tanfog (Witness) 1911 for about three years now as my single stack comp gun and have been very impressed. It was surprisingly tight when I got it and has stayed that way since. Accuracy is very acceptable and is as good as others if not in some cases better than other high cost 1911's.

The only work I did on mine was to add an adjustable sight, that is personal preference though, and also did some work to lighten the trigger which is not flash out of the box. Really the trigger is the only thing you probably need to do anything about otherwise it will do you very well and at a reasonable price compared to the cost of other 1911 models in NZ!! Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Hi Mike

I have been using the Tanfog (Witness) 1911 for about three years now as my single stack comp gun and have been very impressed. It was surprisingly tight when I got it and has stayed that way since. Accuracy is very acceptable and is as good as others if not in some cases better than other high cost 1911's.

The only work I did on mine was to add an adjustable sight, that is personal preference though, and also did some work to lighten the trigger which is not flash out of the box. Really the trigger is the only thing you probably need to do anything about otherwise it will do you very well and at a reasonable price compared to the cost of other 1911 models in NZ!! Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Been looking at the 1911 custom which has adjustable sights and comes with 4 mags. Would definitely get the trigger worked on and possibly fo front sight. May have the option of getting a Dan wesson pm 7 which is all set to go - different money of course.

Thanks

Hi Mike

Thanks for the info. Been looking at the 1911 custom which has adjustable sights and comes with 4 mags. Would definitely get the trigger worked on and possibly fo front sight. May have the option of getting a Dan wesson pm 7 which is all set to go - different money of course.

Either the Custom, after a trigger job or the Dan Wesson will do a great job. Just comes down to $$ to spend as you say!!