Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

W231 load data

Thantos

Hey all,

Sorry for the generalized question here but, me and my two sons just went through class to get qualified to shoot USPSA matches. Its been over 20 years since I have reloaded for very light loads that would meet major for scoring. I would like to make some loads for my younger son (age 14) to use that are as light as possible for recoil but are still reliable and consistent. I have an old box of Billy's Bullets 200 grain LSWC .452 molly coated and a lot of 231 to use. Can anyone recommend some good data? he will be using a Colt GCNM 5" barrel.

Thanks Gene

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Sorry for the generalized question here but, me and my two sons just went through class to get qualified to shoot USPSA matches. Its been over 20 years since I have reloaded for very light loads that would meet major for scoring. I would like to make some loads for my younger son (age 14) to use that are as light as possible for recoil but are still reliable and consistent. I have an old box of Billy's Bullets 200 grain LSWC .452 molly coated and a lot of 231 to use. Can anyone recommend some good data? he will be using a Colt GCNM 5" barrel.

Thanks Gene

I use 4.9 gr W231 with a coated lead bullet 230 Gr with an OAL of 1.25. PF a bit over 165, out of a 5 inch 1911 and Glock 21.