Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Improving Draw and Aim Speed

Yes, end with finger on trigger, prepped is good. You want to do EVERYTHING just up to pulling the bangmaker with yer boogerhook.

That way, when you transition to live fire, all you have to do is send it.

Thanks!

SA

Steve,

Thanks for your input in this thread. I have your book, but found this discussion just as helpful.

Jim

Yes, end with finger on trigger, prepped is good. You want to do EVERYTHING just up to pulling the bangmaker with yer boogerhook.

That way, when you transition to live fire, all you have to do is send it.

Thanks!

SA

Steve,

Thanks for your input in this thread. I have your book, but found this discussion just as helpful.

Jim

Agree, it's awesome to create such a great product, but even cooler with the support you provide on it.

Thanks Steve!

One of the biggest issues I see in newer shooters is the tendency to use the same focus for every target.

I feel like I've progressed, first from using no focus for all targets -- which was fast, and good enough out to 7 yards -- to using a hard focus -- which was slow, and good enough out to 15 yards -- to switching between the two appropriately, to just now using a more appropriate focus for in-between distances and moving targets.

i dont have any input on tecniques, and im fairly new to the whole "practising" thing, but i found that i really liked adding grip tape to under my trigger guard and to where my weak hand thumb sits on the frame, really improved my draw constancy. I guess i just like a tactile thing for an index point