Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5 inch 686 plus

Jgsloat

If you're shooting minor you can shoot them all as long as you reload after every 6 shots in revolver division and observe holster restrictions for production.

If you're shooting major you can shoot open and revolver as long as you reload after every 6 rounds in revolver division.

This assumes your gun is stock with no modifications.

Revolvers are legal in every division but Single Stack. as far as being competitive you will probably want to stick to revolver division.

One thing with a 7 or 8 shot revolver to remember when shooting revolver division is if you fire a 7th shot without reloading first then you are going to be moved to open division. I know 1 shooter that only loads 6 at a time in his 686+ so he doesn't have to count, sometimes the empty chamber comes up at a inconvenient time but he is shooting for fun and it doesn't bother him to much.

If you don't want to worry about counting to 6 and you haven't bobbed the hammer, or made any modifications that would not be legal in production, then you can shoot it in production division with all 7 shots. also in production division your speed loaders or moon clip holders can be worn in the front, its a little

If you have a bobbed hammer and don't want to count, L10 would not be a bad option (I know a few people that shoot L10 with their 627 ICORE guns from time to time)

Most importantly Keep shooting and fun

Mike

I have 5" 686+ (7 shot) with 1/2 barrel underlug. I had a 6 shot cylinder fitted & use it in both IPSC Revolver Division & ICORE Classic Division.

It's a great compromise, has the weight of 4" gun, with a slightly longer sight radius. Love it.