Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun Rifle Barrel - Q?

tagacali

Who cares what twist it is if it shoots your load well?

I was going to do a Beavis and Butthead but i'll leave it. I am however laughing inside.

Agreed on twist and bullet. Anything over 200 yards and i'll try out multiple loads on a new gun or barrel to find the best for distance. Sometimes the results are as expected but there are other times i'm surprised that a weight that shouldn't work is the best with a particular twist.

• 2 weeks later...

my take at it,

18" is best serve with a JP light weight contour, but there are alot of other out there that are equally or better, just the JP is a 1 stop shop. order the whole barrel system including the gas system and you are GTG

Nordic is another barrel I think is very very good. i built 1 for a friend using the 16 inch lilja and that is a shooter (1/2 MOA). if you want scary accurate and willing to wait, then a Kreiger custom build is the way to go, but they are more for the high power shooter, (i.e. it's Heavy !!!)

good luck on your choice

• 2 months later...

my take at it,

18" is best serve with a JP light weight contour, but there are alot of other out there that are equally or better, just the JP is a 1 stop shop. order the whole barrel system including the gas system and you are GTG

Nordic is another barrel I think is very very good. i built 1 for a friend using the 16 inch lilja and that is a shooter (1/2 MOA). if you want scary accurate and willing to wait, then a Kreiger custom build is the way to go, but they are more for the high power shooter, (i.e. it's Heavy !!!)

good luck on your choice

Criterion is a sister company of Kreiger, I am considering one of the Criterion barrels for my next build.