Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot and ran my first full match yesterday

amish_rabbi

was exciting and quite hectic. had 20 shooters turn up but i think in the next few months that will jump to 40 with proper promotion ect.

was great, and shooting 8 stages in a row as fast as you do in practice is really tough. At least my gun was reliable though so no problems there. I shot a 164

5 stages is pretty typical for a local match I think. Our "specials" and state events are all 8 stages. Recently at the 8 stage Washington championships all of the shooters agreed to only paint between squads and not after each shooter. It was figured that with the number of shooters it saved between two and a half and three hours. Given that it can get warm here in the desert part of the state, a few hours less exposure on the range is nice.

Most of the local matches we go to allow shooting 2 different guns. We regularly get 60+ shooters, and many of them shooting two guns. We usually try to break into squads with about the same number of guns. This month we had one squad that all came together and wanted to shoot together and they had 18 guns. They knew they were slowing things up so they let other squads shoot through and they finished up a couple stages after the other squads were done. It's supposed to be fun after all, and most of the matches we've been to they try to accommodate folks wanting to squad together. It does make me feel a bit for the person that has to wait for the times for calculating and submissions though.