Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sierra Bullets and Black Hills Ammunition

UW Mitch

Two separate stories, but just connected by timeframe.

Sierra - I'm loading some 175gr SMK's in 308 a couple weeks back. Prime a tray of primers into my prepped brass, put 50 in my loading tray, powder and bullet them up. Put another 50 in my loading tray powder and bullet them up...until I come to the last 2 pieces of powdered brass and find only 1 bullet left in the box. Ooops...99 bullets in my box of 100. No big deal, as I also have a big box of pulled bullets from RMR. But I called Sierra with the lot number, just to let them know their counting scale might have been miscalibrated on this batch. The Phillip on the other end of the phone thanks me for the call and asks me for my address. I let him know I don't need him to mail me 1 bullet, that I'm happy to just let them know about the missing one in case other folks from the same lot call in. He said want my address to send me a new box! DAMN!

Black Hills. So about 5-7 years ago when I was working at a gun shop/range, the manager tells me the employee price on Black Hills ammo is really good. So I buy 5 boxes and stash them away, only to go out and shoot a box in my AR a couple weekends ago. Being the industrious reloader that I am I go to pick up the brass - and find that EVERY case is split! I save the brass and call Black Hills. He gets the lot number off the boxes then send me a box to ship it all back in. Turns out the ammo I bought was their remanufactured ammo and it was over 15 year old. They just sent me a replacement with 2 extra boxes of ammo in it.

I love the fact that customer service is not gone from this world. I call in not to complain or expect something for free, but to help my favorite companies improve their QC and continue to offer a high quality product. But it's customer service that's above and beyond that really reinforces why I'm a loyal customer - great people stand behind their great products.

~Mitch

Damn, Phillip from Sierra just called me to personally follow-up and see if the bullets arrived safely and that I was all squared away. I thought the customer service was excellent, but a follow-up phone call just blows my mind.

~Mitch