Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg JM 930 shotgun,

mikeAZ

Am I wasting $$$?...Looks flimsy to me.... There is a "special" 1/2 headed/one way screw, how do you get it out? The steel tactical one is not that expensive... For some unknown reason I can see this breaking in the "BIG" match.... Opinions.....

Edited by mike NM

Am I wasting $$$?...Looks flimsy to me.... There is a "special" 1/2 headed/one way screw, how do you get it out? The steel tactical one is not that expensive... For some unknown reason I can see this breaking in the "BIG" match.... Opinions.....

Can the one way screw be tapped out and the safety be replaced? Still waiting to jump on a JM when somebody has them in stock, so I can't see what you are talking about, but it sounds like an easy change.

I took a file to the one way screw to deepen the slot until I could get a regular screw driver on it. It ruins the plastic safety but since you're replacing it that shouldn't matter.

I just used a regular flat head screwdriver while pushing down on it and it worked fine. You do have to really lean onto it with all of your body weight to get the screw started, but then it's pretty easy after that. You could also try a flat head tip in a hammer drill.