Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Car shopping

Vlad

I had a salesman tell me that $500 wasn't enough to haggle over. I really wanted to buy local but he wouldn't budge. I told him he was right and to just give me $500 out of his pocket and sign me up. He didn't think that was very funny! :P I had a very pleasant last buy. I was really wanting an ex-cab Siverado, had a 2000 reg-cab. Dealers were trying to screw me on trade. DON'T FALL FOR THE "WE WILL PAY OFF YOUR OLD NOTE" crap. Know what your trade is worth and don't budge more than couple hundred off price. They tried to screw me out of almost $2500 (Owed vs. trade value). I walked out and did the rest of my dealing by phone or web. Found the truck I wanted online semi-local and $7000 off window sticker. Financed on my terms. They even gave me an estimate on my trade from a description of my vehicle. They said that I could not hold them to it until they saw it but that was fine with me. :D They stuck to it and I had a new truck in less than an hour. They even helped me remove my tool box and put it in the new one. I will deal with them when needed in the future. Oh, when you give them your keys, make sure it is a sinlge key that you could afford to leave at the dealership! :P That really pisses them off. TXAG