Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tiger Valley Team Match 2012

Tiger Valley is hosting their team match again in 2012 April 28th-29th in Waco, TX.

entry fee is $150 per shooter. Registration is available on the Tiger Valley website www.tigervalley.com

Here is my review of last year's match:

http://sinistralrifleman.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/2011-tiger-valley-aar/

I shot their two man sniper match in 2010. They had some really cool stuff at that range. They need to attend some big 3 gun matches though to better learn how to use their facility to better challenge the shooters efficiently. One stage determined the entire match I was at at second place was a team that gamed the crap out of it. Not fun!

I shot their two man sniper match in 2010. They had some really cool stuff at that range. They need to attend some big 3 gun matches though to better learn how to use their facility to better challenge the shooters efficiently. One stage determined the entire match I was at at second place was a team that gamed the crap out of it. Not fun!

"gamed the crap out of it" = applying match tactics to a stage in a match. Gamer = match tactician. Best gamer/match tactician = winner all else being equal.

I've looked at this match for years but have never shot it. It looks like a blast.

The 4 Man Team match has improved significantly since the first one in 2009. I always send TJ, the match director feedback, afterwards and he does his best to correct problems and implement many of the improvements I suggested to him.

This one is scored based on match points, or was the last 2 times. Each stage is worth 100 points, so no one stage will win or lose the match. I also haven't seen much opportunity to "game" stages at Tiger Valley. There are times where you can use your team mates to better advantage based on their skills sets, but its largely about how fast/accurate you can shoot, move, and communicate as a team. You can see what all the stages are like in my blog post above, I have every stage from 2011 recorded in its entirety.

I'd still go to this one even if it wasn't a scored event just for the experience. There's several 2 man team sniper type matches open to the public, but no other 4 man team events like this that I am aware of.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

"gamed the crap out of it" = applying match tactics to a stage in a match. Gamer = match tactician. Best gamer/match tactician = winner all else being equal.

I've looked at this match for years but have never shot it. It looks like a blast.

Kudos to them for seeing the gaming ability. I wish my sniper would have not wanted to "do the right thing". It boils down to poor stage building.

The 4 Man Team match has improved significantly since the first one in 2009. I always send TJ, the match director feedback, afterwards and he does his best to correct problems and implement many of the improvements I suggested to him.

This one is scored based on match points, or was the last 2 times. Each stage is worth 100 points, so no one stage will win or lose the match. I also haven't seen much opportunity to "game" stages at Tiger Valley. There are times where you can use your team mates to better advantage based on their skills sets, but its largely about how fast/accurate you can shoot, move, and communicate as a team. You can see what all the stages are like in my blog post above, I have every stage from 2011 recorded in its entirety.

I'd still go to this one even if it wasn't a scored event just for the experience. There's several 2 man team sniper type matches open to the public, but no other 4 man team events like this that I am aware of.

The 4 man deal looks like fun. I wish it was 2 weeks later. I'm too busy in spring to get away.

I am interested in this match. There is no way I could put together a 4 man team tho.

Is there anybody that is short a man that might want a tag along? I could also probably convince former uspsa national champion Nils to join a team as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...