Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple of Questions for IPSC & IPDA

Craig N

I want to start back to shooting IPSC and I want to try out IPDA. I am looking at getting new gear as I have changed guns since I last shot IPSC several years ago. I am asking more than 1 question in this thread because I didn't want to be the new guy who starts 3 or 4 threads asking different thinks.

1) If I use the blade tech or comptac double and single mag pouches are they good for both games? I saw a CR Speed belt that took tec lock attachments so I could possibly move up to a full on IPSC outfit later on with these pouches and just change belts and maybe holsters.

2) Can I shoot a G35 with a 9mm conversion barrel in IPDA ESP and IPSC Limited? I have a G34 that is milled for a RMR and taller sights for my EDC and Self Defense gun. I know I can shoot it in Open/Unlimited but I was wanting to have kinda the same thing without the sight for both IPDA and IPSC. A conversion barrel is cheaper than a slide.

What I am thinking of running is Wilderness 5 stitch belt with a Bladetech holster with a double mag pouch for IPDA and add 2 single pouches for IPSC.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Craig N