Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI GP5

Does anyone have any pictures or first hand experience with the STI GP5? There is so little info about it. I have been considering one for well over a year (ever since the first gen model without changeable backstraps). I was hoping to find the first gen at a reduced cost just to try out, but even that is hard to come by. I have handled the STI GP6 and like it, but I really want to see a compact or at least read a review on the difference. I like the Glock 19 size and the STI GP5 is a little bigger, but I love STI 1911's and kinda want to stay with them if nothing else for the outstanding customer service I have had so far with them.

I did some searches for Grand Power P1 as well and found a little more info, but I figured this was the place to go if anyone has actually owned or shot one.

634569329333050689gc4muoto.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've had a GP6 for the last year, and if it shoots anything like the bigger model then I would highly recommend it! I love that it's ambi. everything, and the rotating barrel is pretty sick. However, if you're looking to shoot competition I don't believe the GP5 has a decocking mechanism so when shooting USPSA you'll have to drop the hammer manually before each stage.