Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75B or Jericho 941 ?

I'm from Guatemala, and I'm begining my shooting and IPSC practicing expirience. I still don't own a gun, and I narrowed my options (depending on availability, price, etc..here in Guatemala) to:

CZ 75

Jericho 941f

I need to know, wich one do you guys recomend...is going to be my first gun, so please help!!!!!

thanks

I own both and both are excellent choices. I prefer 9mm but 2 local USPSA Production shooters made GM shooting .40. This only applies to Production in the USA, however.

In your case, you are not going to shoot USPSA in Guatemala. You will be shooting IPSC. The rules are different. For IPSC Production division, you have to consider production magazine capacity which is around 15 or 17 for 9mm CZ/Jericho. Get the 9mm.

If you decide on the CZ, I would go for the 85 Cobmat Dual Tone (wonder finish/corrosion resistant frame, black non-reflective slide). This gun comes from the factory with adjustable sights, and it is the only IPSC Production division gun I know of that has an overtravel adjustment built right into the trigger.

If you decide on the Jericho, I would get the 941F (which we can no longer buy new here in the US thanks to Magnum Reserch). the 941F has the frame-mounted safety that I prefer since I am used to a 1911 and I place my thumb on top of the safety when shooting. Welcome to BE.com and welcome to IPSC! -Carlos.

A slight misunderstanding between the two of you, I think.

Carlos is talking about the CZ 85 Combat, wich is very much approved for IPSC Production division.

Rumor has it that this fall CZ will release a Production approved version of their CZ IPSC Standard in 9 mm!! This I have read on this forum, and I believe the info is correct.

But if you can't wait, go for the CZ 85, not the 75B model. The new CZ75B has a firing pin safety that absolutely ruins the trigger feel, while the 85 Combat has the older, better trigger without firing pin safety.

Both guns are great and if I were to choose, I'd probably use the CZ. But only because parts are easier to get for the CZ back here.

If parts availability is the same, capacity will be the next factor. I heard the Jerichos offer 17 but you can use it's mag on the CZ (so I've heard), so it's a moot point.

Then comes trigger reset. I'm not sure if the Jerichos have shorter reset than the CZ.

Having said that all, I'm eagerly awaiting the new tanfoglio for Production. I read it has a capacity of 18+1 and a short trigger reset. ;) I just hope it doesn't cost as much as a Para LDA... <_<