Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Pistol Attendance

JimmyB

I commend you for your efforts to support/promote AP. We at Green Valley (GV)have the same problem, lack of participants. We've tried awards, free shoots for for first time competitors and alternating weekend matches - Saturday vs. Sunday. I don't know what the answer is. I'm trying Alternate NRA matches this year in hopes it may stir some interest, but to date that is not the case. We appear to be locked into a limited number of competitors and we have the luxery of having the same ranges that the Cup is held on. GV has hosted the Cup since it's beginning. Go figure that one. We'll be hosting a Regional next year and have in years past. But for several recent years, Pioneer Gun Club has hosted the Region X Championship. Their program/awards are outstanding and they are the true Regional event in the MidWest. Mike Harris is the contact and anyone who is interested may contact me for his address. His club is just east of K.C. Mo. and the Regional is going to happen on Oct. 1st, 2005. GV's Regional will be for NRA awards only, nothing more. I've been down the "expectation road" before for competitors and won't do it any more. We'll be happy to offer the routine NRA awards.

dn44mag@mchsi.com

Dan :)