Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Iron Sights but USPSA Open next season - thoughts?

Tactica

So we have a new airsoft league starting up that I'd like to support and try out for some off season practice. I picked up an Airsoft gun this past summer and shot limited this year. However, I have an Open gun being built which I hope to shoot next season.

So, am I setting myself up for disaster by practicing with an Iron sight airsoft limited gun replica in the off season, even though I plan to start dry fire practice with an open gun in a month or two? The new Open will have a Arredondo mount with a Leupold Delta Point (which I don't even know if I'll like yet). I thought about purchasing a mount and dot sight for the airsoft, but its expensive enough to just get into shooting open. I don't even know if I'm going to like the new sight yet either... and I can only throw so much $$ at airsoft practice and I'm not sure how much I really want to sink into a practice gun anyway... but I digress.

Am I just screwing myself up by iron sight practice in the offseason with what is effectively a mock limited gun?

Thanks,

Rob

My opinion is that any practice is good practice and that as long as you don't practice bad habits you really can't go wrong. Lots of the fundamentals are the same no matter what style of competition or gun you shoot. Trigger time is always good.