Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Music City Cup IDPA 11/5/2011

I shot the Music City Cup yesterday. Wow. The stages were difficult but fair, and each seemed to have a procedural ready-made for the unwary (me). Most (maybe all) of the ten stages were SO'd by the designer of the stage, so things moved quickly and smoothly. 117 shooters was the last count I heard. Lots of sponsors and great door prizes. And the mundane stuff, like youngsters on four-wheelers carrying stage scores to the scoring table; or having enough parking, and port-a-potties, a generator, computers and a sound system... everything was well thought through and nicely executed. It was so much fun.

It's the odd thing or the unexpected that can throw a fella for a loop, especially under stress. Everyone turned to Michael Breeson with their concerns and unexpected problems; and he handled it all with good grace and an easy efficiency.

I hope they do this again soon. They really know how to put on an event.

Did I mention how much fun folks had? A ton of fun.

Now I'm off to the Mental Conditioning forum, to address those procedurals! I mean, why would I need cover to reload going past that doorway? Those guys have already been shot! Right?! Right?! ;-)

Bigleaf,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience.

IDPA HQ is starting on the process of cleaning up rules and definitions. Cover from previously engaged targets has been a point of contention for many years now.

Bigleaf,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience.

IDPA HQ is starting on the process of cleaning up rules and definitions. Cover from previously engaged targets has been a point of contention for many years now.

I should have known, Greg. The rules is the rules, and fair is fair.

And "positive" doesn't scratch the surface. The stages were great and every SO (you, included) was patient, clear, and happy to be part of such a nice shoot. You all did a superior job. Thanks.

I shot the Music City Cup yesterday. Wow. The stages were difficult but fair, and each seemed to have a procedural ready-made for the unwary (me). Most (maybe all) of the ten stages were SO'd by the designer of the stage, so things moved quickly and smoothly. 117 shooters was the last count I heard. Lots of sponsors and great door prizes. And the mundane stuff, like youngsters on four-wheelers carrying stage scores to the scoring table; or having enough parking, and port-a-potties, a generator, computers and a sound system... everything was well thought through and nicely executed. It was so much fun.

It's the odd thing or the unexpected that can throw a fella for a loop, especially under stress. Everyone turned to Michael Breeson with their concerns and unexpected problems; and he handled it all with good grace and an easy efficiency.

I hope they do this again soon. They really know how to put on an event.

Did I mention how much fun folks had? A ton of fun.

Now I'm off to the Mental Conditioning forum, to address those procedurals! I mean, why would I need cover to reload going past that doorway? Those guys have already been shot! Right?! Right?! ;-)

Stage 7 was SOed by the Designer. The rest of the stages were designed by me. I was the MD for the match.