Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there such a thing flinching only while shooting static?

I've heard some people say that it is easier

to teach a "fast shooter" accuracy, than it is

to teach an accurate shooter speed:(

Cripes, if that's true-- tell me where to sign up!

My problem has got to be trigger control. I can see and most of the time feel the shot go wrong, but I swear I have a hard time figuring out exactly why. Frankly, I probably picked the wrong pistol-- but as I've said before, I refuse to let it beat me!

your biggest problem is over thinking EVERYTHING. Grip and rip it man. Just like i have told you every week at the plate match if you have seen your plate fall your are moving to slow. see white on red/green in the notch fire move. I think you are so concerned with getting everything just right in static slow fire drills you are derailing yourself. RELAX bro your a good shooter.. you were just behind me this weekend and i am shooting open major ( ok so i zeroed a stage basicly lol) but still you where still right there with mike. had we been standing on stage 1 the match would have went a whole different way for me. My strengths are stage 1 and 2 and of course el prez lol.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Matt. I approach every little thing like a puzzle to be solved, and when it comes to something like shooting with "do, don't try", the brain can get in the way! Last Sunday was something of a revelation, as I basically just got up there and shot, open to whatever I saw and whatever happened. It's like that throughout most of any USPSA match, but anything static (including the plates) tends to illicit a different response. I'm just going to let go!

I had some problems with sticky mags at the match, but I'm 90% sure I found a fix. ProGrip + Plastic = stick, but Plexus + ProGrip + Plastic (should) = no problem.

Thanks for the kind words, and I'll definitely ponder the CZ. I've always wanted one...