Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What replacement recoil spring for a CIENER .22 kit for a Glock 17 fra

Nik Habicht

Anyone have any idea on where to find a recoil spring for a Ciener .22 conversion for fullsize Glock frames? The one in my conversion will not send the slide back into battery reliably every time. I suspect I need a little more spring pressure, but don't know if I can just order some springs off the shelf -- 1911 springs maybe?

Anyone know? Any data on stock spring weights, or X spring works well with Y ammo also welcome....

• 6 months later...

Anyone have any idea on where to find a recoil spring for a Ciener .22 conversion for fullsize Glock frames? The one in my conversion will not send the slide back into battery reliably every time. I suspect I need a little more spring pressure, but don't know if I can just order some springs off the shelf -- 1911 springs maybe?

Anyone know? Any data on stock spring weights, or X spring works well with Y ammo also welcome....

Nik: I have the same problem. The Ciener spring was made to last around 3000-4000 rounds, then soften & shorten to where it is inadequate. Ciener's "fix" was for you to buy more springs. It's a spring problem, not an ammo problem. As Ciener fades from the scene, I think we'll need to wait for aftermarket suppliers to come up with a durable replacement spring. You'll find your spring is far shorter now than the 4.643" long, .324" diameter & .038" wire size it was when new. Phil