Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I don't have dates - but I can give the steps I took.

I was in Alaska and loved to hunt. Loved guns. Bought gun magazines and that was my first exposure to IPSC (because they covered it back then) I started shooting bullseye.

Club decided to hold a couple of bowling pin matches so I started plinking around at them. Was rough at first, but eventually started getting some wins. I saw TGO was teaching IPSC classes so my family and I took a vacation to AZ and I took his class. That was my first real exposure to IPSC. I shot my first match there (begrudingly because I wasn't ready) and won U Class.

Went to AK state championship and finished second overall. I won my first gun there - gave it to my Dad. He still owns it - a Springfield .45 - never fired.

Went to Nationals that year, shot my single stack .45 Wilson gun - finished 97 OA. That was in 92 I think - I was B class. I ordered my first race gun there per TGO's advice - a George Huening P-9.

Finally started to practice - got the P-9 - went to the Coors Challenge in Durango and won B class - finished 4th OA behind TGO, Doug Boykin and Ron Avery. I was happy. Shot my first shoot off - I still remember how nervous I was . . . :blink:

Won AK state that year. Graduated high school and moved to Tucson for college. Started shooting a lot then. Eventually got to M and then GM. Won The Presidents Match and got accepted onto Team Springfield later that year. At the time it was Doug Boykin, Kippi, Myself and TGO - we all practiced together a lot and it was a ton of fun! Won a couple of Area matches, state matches etc. etc.

In 94' I finished 3rd OA at the open nationals, and 8th at the limited nationals. Probably my best Nationals years ever.

In 97' I graduated college - and had to do something with my life. Got a job. Basically stopped shooting. My last big match was the CA State stockgun championship - that was arguably my best win - shot great and came from behind to win. First was either $1000, or $2,000 - I can't remember - but I needed the money!

In 2000 I dabbled in IDPA and won the AR state Championship but quit almost immediately after. Don't know why.

This year have picked up the blasters for the first time in a long time. Haven't won anything big yet - but I get an A for effort :D

JB