Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sonic cleaner

roy

Anyone here ever used a sonic cleaner for their brass?

I am looking at getting a cleaner and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it or any sonic cleaner?

Yes, Have a friend that bought one several months ago and I have tried it. Worked really well, but capacity is limited. I think it has a place in low volume work like precision rifle. I find that volume of pistol brass is too much.

Agree. I have one and it cleans brass well, but it only handles 20 or so at a time. With a 2-3 minute cycle it's just not practical.

I've switched to a Tumbler with 3mm ceramic beads and Citronox. 30 min and 500 .45 ACP cases look new.

I tried ultrasonic cleaning for all of 2 weeks and found it wasn't worth my time - a little over a handful of cases at a time, resetting the timer every 8 minutes, and I never quite perfected the cleaner recipes.

I switched over to the stainless steel tumbling method and couldn't be happier. It's a lot more expensive up front but the results are insane. Like Ben Diss said - cases look brand new inside and out, primer pockets clean, etc.