Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder measure options

New Dillon owner as of today and just loaded up 100 rounds of 223. Not hard to get set up and once I got a rhythm going, I blew through the batch.

I wondered why it took me so long to buy one (550B) since Dillon HQ is less than 3 miles from my office. Been single staging on Rockchuckers for close to thirty years and never thought I needed anything more. Then I had to start loading 223 and 357. That gets old quick on a single stage.

Back on topic. My question has to do with using non-Dillon powder measures. Can you use a Lyman 55 or Lee Perfect Powder measure in place of the Dillon and just manually dump the powder?

I also have a Chargemaster 1500 and see one of those 'funnels' in my future for powders that don't meter so well.

Give Dillon a call or take a drive over and pose your question to them.

Pat

Will do but they are closed tomorrow :) Hoping to get some other ideas that might not be 'corporate approved'. Handloaders are an industrious and frugal bunch. I'll spend the $75 per but I would rather not if I don't have to.

New Dillon owner as of today and just loaded up 100 rounds of 223. Not hard to get set up and once I got a rhythm going, I blew through the batch.

I wondered why it took me so long to buy one (550B) since Dillon HQ is less than 3 miles from my office. Been single staging on Rockchuckers for close to thirty years and never thought I needed anything more. Then I had to start loading 223 and 357. That gets old quick on a single stage.

Back on topic. My question has to do with using non-Dillon powder measures. Can you use a Lyman 55 or Lee Perfect Powder measure in place of the Dillon and just manually dump the powder?

I also have a Chargemaster 1500 and see one of those 'funnels' in my future for powders that don't meter so well.

Get one of these Adapter

or a AT 500 Powder Dieand a Funnel.

I also some times use a Hornaday Lock-N-Load Bench Rest Powder Measure with the case activated linkage for some rifle reloading.