Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147 cast lead powder recomdations

3ddiver

Well, not such a good day at the range today. I shot my chrony with my 45 but not until I was done with the 9mm stuff. Something is not consistent. I loaded up some WST, the 3.4gr loads were ranging from 927.1 to 956.9 with most of them in the 930 range. The 3.5 loads were 950.6 to 1010 with most of them 975-980 range. I was 10 feet from the chrono.The 3.4 put me in the 138PF range and the 3.5 was in the 143+ range. I think I will go with the 3.5 since it seems like they will slow down when it warms up. All of the loads shot well but one of them tumbled and I dont know which one because I was not paying that close of attention to the target.Is it normal to get that much variation in the same load?

Anyone ever tried Power Pistol, I have an oppertunity to get some for a pretty good price and was wondering how good it ie with either jacketed or cast bullets. Kinda new at this, have a S&W 659 and 3913 and a Taurus pt92 af. Akk 9mm. Not shooting competition yet, maybe later. Thanks for any help.