Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Notice of Eligibility

Lumpy

Just got my "Notice of Eligibility" letter from USPSA. I gather this is to help us along in the new permit structure us "out of towner" need to get our gear in the the Good Ol' USA.

Also got my March/April issue of Front Sight along with it in the mail today...

Woo Hoo

Just got mine as well.  I am hoping to make it to the Factory Gun nationals this year, and the new BATF rules are throwing a bit of a monkey wrench into the plans.  The USPSA HQ seems to have reacted quite well in assisting shooters to cross the border to reach the matches and it is appreciated.

Just curious if any other "non-resident aliens" are rethinking plans to shoot in the US, or whether we will just chalk this up to one more pile of paperwork that has become part of the game.

I'm aiming to be at the Area 1's again this year. It's one more form (Form 6) that I plan on filling out. You need to attach a copy of your FAC/POL, Confirmation of Match acceptance, and the USPSA letter I received today.

Won't stop me from going. Not the biggest hoop we've had to jump through before.

You have hit upon a point I haven't figure'd out yet how they are going to handle.....If I need a copy of acceptance to the match in order to complete form 6, yet I am on the waiting list for the Factory Gun Nationals, and form 6 takes 3 months to complete, should I just try for a different match?  It seems like a catch 22.  If I pay the fee and don't get the form I am hosed, but if it takes 3 months to get the forms, will I get match acceptance in time unless it is a smaller match?

I guess this is a good question to pose to the brass at USPSA.

By the way, are you planning on heading out to Halifax for the Cdn. Nationals this year?

I would contact the Match Director, and say here's the poop! Can you send me a confirmation leter so I can get the paperwork rolling...  I think most would be willing to help out. Also I beleive they say you can fax the form 6 in to help speed up the process...

Heck ya I'm going to the Nats this year. Haven't missed one since Guelph. I've got my airfare already booked.