Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are You In The Right Class?

Having shot only a few matches, I notice a reccuring phenomenon: My classifier scores are generally my lowest score of the match and are often only half the value of my overall percent i.e. if my match score is 50%, on the classifer stage it's 25%.

If I saw that repeatedly, I'd assume I was sandbagging but since I'm on the inside and know that I'm not, B) I wonder how many "blatent sandbaggers" have the same situation?

I know why this happens to me since I have a consistent "flaw" (shooting low on 2nd shoots) that is penalized much more heavily in the classifers I've shot (no shoots) than in most other stages (C's). I wonder if over time and different classifiers this will balence out?

This is, of course, just a preemptive defense in case I ever get accused of sandbagging :P

Kevin

I am in the same boat with kdj. I finish every stage in the top 5. Classifier somewhere around 10th. The sandbagger thing is starting to haunt me. I know I am a B shooter but I can't put a decent classifier together to save my soul. But I think the system works. The mental aspect of the additional pressure during a classifier is what seperates the B's from the C's. I will adapt and overcome.

I'm sure that I belong in the right classes. I've been called sandbagger before <_< but i think I've moved up enough to where they can't anymore :D .

Last 2 majors I shot I placed 1st M @ TX limited, and like 12th M in Area 2 (REALLY tough competition)

open... i think i belong in M ? haha not sure, we'll see in area 4 this year