Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide modifacation on Glock 35

TexasShootR

Aftermarket gun smith fit barrels have a larger dimension on the under-lug for a much tighter fit. When locked up it cams up the slide with the barrel against the frame. Barsto and KKM gunsmith fit barrels accomplish this. With the slide and barrel locked up against the lock block it makes all trigger jobs seem better plus is a big help to accuracy. Another way to accomplish the same effect is to add a small weld to the lock block and fit it to the barrel so when locked up there is no slop.

Thanks to my friend who owns a metal fab company we were able to add a small weld to the kkm barrel. After looking at the slack in the slide we figured it would take anywhere between .005 and .015 inches to tighten it up.

After the tig weld with stainless steel filler rod we set it in his verticle mill and shaved it down to .840 inches.We then checked for proper fit. Not even close at .840 and we knew it but tried it anyway. We then shaved off another .010 inches making it .830 and the slide was tight but would close. We finally got it right at .827 inches. Thats .010 more than the stock kkm barrel.

I haven't shot it yet but I can tell you there is no slack in the slide and the trigger pull has a noticeable improvement. Don't know what the actual trigger pull is but with the ZEV tech fulcrum trigger and the slide tighting it feels like 2 lb pull. Very pleased with the feel and can't wait to shoot it.

Here's a picture of our work

Let us know to if there was a noticable increase in accuracy. As i inquired earlier would this be worth doing with a stock glock barrel? Just wondering/considering it for a future project.

Got a chance to shoot the gun yesterday and a little today. As far as accuracy, and keeping in mind I'm not a marksman it didn't impress me to much. Here's a picture of a target shot at 15 yards (slow fire)

th_target.jpg?t=1278887739

On another note, the gun has some problems now it didn't have before. After shooting 150 to 200 rounds it failed to properly feed about 20 rounds. They would hang up on the ramp or get partially in the chamber before hanging. I thought it might be the recoil spring so I changed it with a 15 pound spring. A couple I could get to seat by hittng the rear slide but some wouldn't go. Another thing that started happing today was the slide would close when inserting a magazine. Two ill affects I think of the modifacation to the lock up lug.

The slide might be to tight, I think I'll try and shave off a couple thousands and retry. Any advice would be appreciated as well.

Try different bullets and weights with different powder charges. I have found several bullets that shot really bad groups. Right now I am shooting http://www.thebulletworks.net/09-124-PL-RN-p/09-124%20pl%20rn.htm and http://www.thebulletworks.net/09-147-PL-RN-p/09-147%20pl%20rn.htm Two of my Glocks shoot them really well, my 34 will keep them in one raged hole at 25 yards. I have a 34 with a barsto barrel and it sprays them. My 17L Glock has a gunsmith fit KKM and it shoots all of them great. My 17 has a barsto and it shoots them great but my 34 with a gunsmith fit KKM sprays them. Yes I have to many Glocks!! Really to bad one bullet will not shoot great in all guns and all barrels. I have found that glock barrels shoot really will when locked up. 9mm glocks seem to shoot good with just the slight upward push of the slide stop. 40 seem to need more upward spring pressure to help them out.