Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rolls of Currogated Cardboard as Target Back

redraider

Think I misposted this in wrong forum. I practice with approved paper USPSA and IDPA targets and appropriate pasters using corrugated cardboard as a backer. I can buy the actual cardboard targets for $62 hundred at Target Barn plus shipping. Was going to order some when I saw 250' rolls of 24" wide (same size as the paper targets) rolled corrugated cardboard at a nearby moving supply house for . Doing the math with a 34" long target I get 88 target backs for $24 with no shipping or $27 per hundred . On the other hand I need to cut them which doesn't seem like that big a deal. Seemed from the picture sturdy enough to hold the paper target but has anyone ever tried it? At my club I can practice alone indoors but only with a clip on cardboard target and there aren't many around other than PPC season. Here's the question. Anyone ever do this? Will the carboard unroll enough to support the target or am I going to get a semi-circle (or store them long enough to get rip of the roll)? The store also will custom cut cardboard sheets but the cost is more than the targets. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am tired of recycling beat up cardboard