Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FYI: Berry's 124gr. RN from Cabela's

Jeff Matzka

I also posted this on the CZ Forum.

If anyone has bought the Berry's Mfg. "Preferred" Plated 124gr. RN bullets from Cabela's recently, you may want to check the weight of your bullets. I received a box of 250 from them last week, and even though the box was marked correctly, the bullets inside the box only weighed 115 gr.

I called Cabela's customer service - they were very accommodating - they shipped a new box out immediately, on their dime and told me to keep the originals.

Well, they arrived this morning and naturally I had to go and weigh a sample of the bullets and sure enough...even though the Berry's box is marked 124gr., the bullets inside were again 115gr.

Berry's must have shipped a whole order of mislabeled boxes to Cabela's!

So, I called customer service again and they're sending me a 3rd box! I hope this one's right, but you KNOW I'm going to weigh them to be sure.

If you're shooting these bullets at a competition that pulls, weighs, and chrono's your ammo - you NEED to weigh your bullets so you know what you've got.

I haven't shot them yet, so I can't comment on how they shoot. :D

UPDATE: Success at last! The UPS driver brought my 3rd box of Berry's Mfg. bullets yesterday, which of course I promptly opened and weighed several bullets, all of which weighed 124 gr., +/- .2 gr.

Now I have to load some up and head to the range this week for testing.

Thanks again to Cabela's for their exemplary customer service.