Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here it is -STI Spartan 9mm Load Data

toddrod

Joe W. - Thanks to Darrell your wish has come true. I should have 231 data with the BB 124, GAT 124 (it is basically an uncoated BB using the same mold), Lee 124g LRN and if I have time the BB 135g by the end of the week.

I am having trouble with feeding of the PD and MG 124g HP. They are getting stuck right at the bottom of the barrel ramp. At least 1 in 5 are doing this. Any round nose bullet I have used works great.

Have you tried to lengthen to loads a little. I'm running MG 124 jhp's at 1.108 in a STI eagle. I've been happy with 4.8 gr of WSF under the MG 124 jhp.

Was there a reason you stopped at 4.6 gr of WSF with the bayou 124's. I would be curious if lengthing out the oal would help the groups with the 4.6 gr WSF loads. I've loaded the bayou 125's out to 1.134 and they still didn't catch the rifiling in the eagle.

Edited by CJcycles

Since I started this thread I have sold this gun and never did get around to testing the Win 231. The feeding issues with anything but RN bullets was messing with my head to much. In my 9mms I load pretty much everything to 1.10 because I do not feel like loading and keeping track of different OALs for different guns. I bought a DW PM9 to replace the Spartan and I am happy with that decision. With the WSF, I stopped at 4.6 because I new it would be in the mid 130s for PF which is the most I would be shooting.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

If anyone wants it in Excel format just PM me and I will get it to you ASAP.

Going back to the range tomorrow to do more testing with MG 124 HP, a 130g LRN and my own hand casted LEE 124g LRN.

If anyone wants it in Excel format just PM me and I will get it to you ASAP.

Going back to the range tomorrow to do more testing with MG 124 HP, a 130g LRN and my own hand casted LEE 124g LRN.

Please email excel format if you still have it.. Planning to make up a load for mine