Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited build help

flip4179

Read it but it was kind of vague.

Permitted features "Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the front of the dust cover."

This is the only reference I could find in the USPSA rules that apply to a front rail in SS. If indeed it is too long that is not a prob, can always chop a little off the front to meet rules. I have not measured it yet but it looks pretty close to 3.25 inches.

If this could be clarified I would appreciate it.

Yep, it might take a little bit of trim to be 3.25" or less, but you also want to consider weight since the max weight is 43oz with a magazine....long dust covers do add some weight. R,

Keep us updated. This is a very cool project and you're clearly quite talented.

I will do updates as this progresses. Talented is something I am not, I graduated from wood butcher to metal butcher. We'll see, I may screw this thing up bad too, 50/50 chance of something going bad wrong from this point to trigger pull. :roflol:

Read it but it was kind of vague.

Permitted features "Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the front of the dust cover."

This is the only reference I could find in the USPSA rules that apply to a front rail in SS. If indeed it is too long that is not a prob, can always chop a little off the front to meet rules. I have not measured it yet but it looks pretty close to 3.25 inches.

If this could be clarified I would appreciate it.

Yep, it might take a little bit of trim to be 3.25" or less, but you also want to consider weight since the max weight is 43oz with a magazine....long dust covers do add some weight. R,

You bring up a good point with the mags. and I have yet to ask about them but what/who is recommended for 8 round 40 mags?