Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cross Border Shipping

Canuck223

I'm looking to buy a P/W autodrive for my 1050, and just got the quote for shipping.

It's annoying to say the least. If I lived in Buffalo or Detroit, the shipping would be free. Shipping the same box across the border will tack on an additional $115.

Arghhhh!

I'm looking to buy a P/W autodrive for my 1050, and just got the quote for shipping.

It's annoying to say the least. If I lived in Buffalo or Detroit, the shipping would be free. Shipping the same box across the border will tack on an additional $115.

Arghhhh!

How close to Detroit are you? I live about 35 NW of Detroit and would be happy to have you ship it here and then pick it up.

Arghhhh!

How close to Detroit are you? I live about 35 NW of Detroit and would be happy to have you ship it here and then pick it up.

I'm 30 minutes north of Toronto, but I can still smell it from here.

Oh, its brutal!

My ex co-worker still gets stuff shipped to us to avoid paying extra for shipping. She's about 40 mins away, so its worth it.

It's quite the slap in the face. Adding the extra shipping, plus the taxes and brokerage fee, and very quickly the item you've budgeted for is way over budget.

In my mind, even with the travelling time and cost of gas, it's worth it. I save at least the shipping and brokerage, and maybe, just maybe, some of the tax if the guy at the booth gives me a pass.

I won't lie at customs, but it's amazing how many times you simply get waved through even after telling them you are over your duty free limit. For 8 years I shot the WNYPPL and man it was nice being able to pick up parcels from Combat Corner.

BTW, congratulations Gloria!!

Edited by Canuck223