Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need fiber in my...

MrBorland

...front sight ;)

Seems the red fiber simply backed out of the front sight of my Carmonized 686 while I was shooting this morning. My sight picture went to Hell during a string, and sure enough, the fiber was dangling off the back of the sight. I managed to keep it, but do I need to replace the whole sight, or can the fiber be re-installed and secured in some way?

To replace the whole sight, it looks like I simply push a pin out and lift the sight. Is it that simple? And is it common that the fibers of FO fall out? I've not had this happen before. :unsure:

That's a very easy fix. some people simply superglue the fiber in, but I prefer to melt it in.

Step one: Buy some fiber optic filament in the proper diameter.

Step 2: Burn one end into a small button.

Step 3: Insert fiber in sight, cut off with approx 1/16" extending through end of sight.

Step 4: Melt end.

Lots of shooters keep a couple inches of fiber and a lighter in their gun bag for emergency repairs.

That's a very easy fix. some people simply superglue the fiber in, but I prefer to melt it in.

Step one: Buy some fiber optic filament in the proper diameter.

Step 2: Burn one end into a small button.

Step 3: Insert fiber in sight, cut off with approx 1/16" extending through end of sight.

Step 4: Melt end.

Lots of shooters keep a couple inches of fiber and a lighter in their gun bag for emergency repairs.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

I buy all my FO in bulk here!