Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul PRS (Gen 2)

Alan Adamson

Most of you know that when Magpul redesigned the PRS stock, they included a rubber shoulder pad at the butt end of the stock. This differs from the original or Gen 1 version, where that was an all aluminum plate. The issue with the new style is that if you are trying to quickly pick up your gun to shoot a stage, target, etc, the rubber pad grabs all your clothing on the way up and is always slowing you down. I wonder if anyone has done or might be interested in doing, a screw/bolt on aluminum plate to replace that rubber pad, thereby aligning the Gen 2 more closely with the Gen 1 for ease of draw, etc?

It should be pretty easy to craft one, with the right tools, using the rubber one as a template. I know, I'd be in for 2 of them if anyone could do it and it wasn't astronomically priced.

Anyone know of or have the capability?

Alan

GEN 1

Magpul_PRS_Black_A.jpg

GEN 2

magpul_prs_ar10_rt_2.jpg

Edited by Alan Adamson

Try contacting Magpul and see if you can get the Gen 1 butt plate. Then drive the roll pins out and replace.

Or....you could always trade someone your Gen 2 for their Gen 1. Win/Win

What would happen if you removed the rubber from the plate that is there? that would probably be an option too.

Try contacting Magpul and see if you can get the Gen 1 butt plate. Then drive the roll pins out and replace.

Or....you could always trade someone your Gen 2 for their Gen 1. Win/Win

What would happen if you removed the rubber from the plate that is there? that would probably be an option too.

Can't remove the rubber, as the aluminum that it attaches too is recessed to accomodate it and there are molded Pins that are a part of that aluminum plate that extend into the rubber pad... I think I'll call magpul and see about getting that other part...

Thanks for the replies,

Alan

OK, here's a REALLY dumb idea, but it's just dumb enough that someone might want to try it. Get a piece of kydex and mold it around the buttpad so you can slip it on and off. Put it on for matches where you want a slick surface and take it off when you don't.