Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Rifle

want2race

I finally decided to build up one of my AR receivers I've had since the last election. Haven't own my own AR in a few years, I've been shooting FAL's only.

I shopped for a barrel for a long while. Decided on a JP 20" medium contour. I didn't like the HUGE diameter from gas block forward so I had it turned down to .750" and blasted. Also turned it down so I could mount a gas block and JP globe sight at the Titan muzzle break. That set up was changed to a dedicated globe mount. JP sight and gas block will be in the BE classifieds soon. JP adj low-pro gas block is hiding under the FF tube. Tube started out as an Armalite fiberglass tube then I cobbled it together for a 15" tube. I have a 14" aluminum tube being made now, but the FG HG will work for a while. Everything else is pretty standard, A1 buttstock, pistol grip I had laying around, JP fire control srpings etc.

JP light carrier and gas block were xmas gifts from the wife. Light buffer courtesy Steel1212. Awesome!

I figured now that I had LASIK, I'd shoot Limited. Besides, I heard Brian45 was switching from HM too...

First pic is with JP sight and original Armalite handguard. Both lasted one range trip. Nothing wrong with the sight, wanted to try this...

Second pic is new sight mount with 22mm globe and long handguard.

post-8536-126482624074_thumb.jpg

post-8536-126482642553_thumb.jpg

Edited by want2race

If Jim would've lightened his longer tubes all the way out, I would have considered his.

I zero'd the rifle yesterday. I had to shoot at the clubs 100y zero target to qualify to use the range. Best group was .85". I had difficulty "seeing" since it was a black 6" circle. I then put a (non black) target out to 200. First shot, nearly dead center. I had a couple zingers (one right, one left) but I backed up the fist bullseye hit with two more. The 3 shot cluster, 1st, 4th and 5th round, measured .685". Now to practice so I can eliminate the flyers. Or use match ammo. I was shooting Walmart bought Federal 55gr ball ammo.

Overall I'm super happy with the sight and rifle set up. I'm no where near done. I'm going to swap the internals of the rear sight with NM guts so I can have the 1/4MOA windage clicks and I need to find my clicks for 300.